Sunday, August 21, 2016

Welcome Holly Hill of the Affairs of the Heart Series by Kew Townsend


Hi, Holly, and welcome to my blog. Let’s get started with the questions.

RW:    What’s your story/backstory? Why would someone come up with a story about you?
HH:     Hi Rochelle and readers, my name is Holly Hill. I am the ingĂ©nue pushing my late-twenties and point-of-view for the London and Hollywood series of Affairs of the Heart.

My story? It’s a woman’s search for self and a life filled with meaning—and with any luck—make a difference in the people in my life.

Does that happen? We’ll see! The twist and turns as the story unfolds make my goals seem beyond my reach as I willingly take a chance on love and follow my heart. But that chance comes with high consequences, especially if I make the wrong choices. They could lead to destruction and worst—the deaths of the ones I love most.

The reason for my story?

I think there comes a time in everyone’s life when they want to break from the past and create a new future of their own choice. I know I do. I suffered a great tragedy in my early twenties and reacted badly. Trying to define myself became impossible as my family and close friends became very watchful and protective of me, and that doesn’t allow much space to grow and develop my talents and ideas.

I work at a high-profile criminal law firm with wealthy celebrity clients as a paralegal and occasional investigator into the dark side of the law; however, I live in the shadow of a childhood friend who keeps a watchful eye on me. That relationship has led to an engagement, but I see it as another manipulation to keep me close and watch me.

Now, I’m on a new adventure in another country far from friends’ and family’s watchful eyes, with two wonderful men who create situations where I’m able to make my own mistakes and victories, and to revel in the joy and growing freedom I’m encountering.

Another reason for my story might be to get a behind-the-scenes peek at the 1980s rock music scene. I’m unwittingly thrown into the thick of it, and others may enjoy a snapshot of how rock musicians behave on and off the stage.

In my case, to see how two very strong and determined men, who climbed to the top of the 1970-80s word wide music scene, come to terms when they inadvertently fall into love or obsession with me—the outsider, with my own wounds. I never would have considered finding love in the fast-paced, dizzy, thrilling, and unpredictable sex- and drug-drenched world of rock-and-roll with infamous outlaw music men.

RW:    Can you tell us a bit about your hero?
HH:     My hero… Well … I have two. One is Luka, the other Kaine. They are similar in that they are intelligent, self-made men, very successful, and have amassed large fortunes.

They differ as one, Luka, is a behind-the-scenes and blonde-haired, while Kaine is the dark-haired front man in a rock band.

They both are charismatic and unbearably handsome men used to getting what they want when they want it. Women are plentiful, and the music business has caused both to become very jaded. They’ve lost their belief in one true love.

And oh, did I mention? They’re both interested in me and have entered into an intense rivalry to impress me.

RW:    Do you expect your heroes to help or are they the problem?
HH:     At first glance, I don’t have expectations from my heroes. Each lives in a world alien to me. Everything I’ve experienced with them makes expectations difficult, as their world moves fast and I barely have time to evaluate each twist and turn.

Looking deeper, I can see I do expect their help—in regards to both of them treating me with respect and honesty, so I’m able to make wiser choices for my future with them. And that each will put my wellbeing and security on the top of their list.

But as I found out, sometimes they also become the problem as we ride the ups and downs of the music business.

RW:    Where do you live?
HH:     I live in West Hollywood, California, high above the Sunset Strip on a curvy tree-lined street in the hills of Laurel Canyon. My cottage is cozy and surrounded with trees and a garden laced with a rainbow of blooming flowers.

However, in the story, I also visit England staying in a five-star hotel, and other times traveling first class in the American Southwest staying in executive mansions. Finally, I conduct secret investigations on Briarwood Estate, an historic castle in Surrey, England.

RW:    During what time period does your story take place.
HH:     My story takes place in 1989 London, England, the American Southwest, and Hollywood.

RW:    How are you coping with the conflict in your life?
HH:     I’m exhausted, confused, overwhelmed, and sometimes falling apart. Other times I’m exhilarated, and the happiest I’ve ever been. I’m up for the new challenges this adventure has given me and very hopeful for a happily ever after ending.

Thank you Rochelle for having me, I’ve had a wonderful time.

Thanks for stopping by our little backwater burb of the Windy City to talk with me. I couldn’t exactly offer you a five-star hotel, but my house is Elizabeth Clean this weekend. My daughter’s so meticulous, she ordered the limo for her wedding early so she could clean it to her specs. I always say “There’s clean, and then there’s Elizabeth Clean.” And you never have to sleep alone at my place. Acey’s always accommodating, though he’s probably not as sexy as the two men you described. But you lucked out. Tink slept on my lap in the recliner, and she’s a chunky cat.
Kew Townsend Author Bio:

KEW’s love of rock music began at a very young age when she returned glass Coke bottles for change to buy 45 rpm records. Her interest moved from the music to the musician, and living in Hollywood, she interviewed the Beatles when they landed at Los Angeles International Airport. Acquiring a taste for the funny Englishmen, she began dating one of the Rolling Stones, and that exposed her to sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Later her memories surfaced in the Affairs of the Heart Series where she weaves her behind-the-scenes anecdotes with her long love of fairy tales and castles, mysteries, lightning, and thunder into a romantic suspense story.

Contact KEW: KEWTOWNSEND.COM to join her Newsletter and get updates, for the Rock Stars & Hollywood Blog, book excerpts, and playlists.

 

Deception

(Part 4) Hollywood: Affairs of the Heart Series

(Rock Star Romance)


The Plot:

The Shattering Truth… A black storm is following Holly Hill. Landfall promises to bring destruction and no one is safe. She is anxious and filled with trepidation as she anticipates the arrival of dark-haired poet, Kaine Walker, rock star. Will Holly be able to free herself from the powerful hold that Luka Hunter has on her and follow her heart?

The Evil Lies… Luka Hunter’s plan is working flawlessly. He is confident and waiting for the perfect moment to spring a big surprise on Holly. Will it bring joy, heartbreak, or vengeance?

To Be Revealed… Kaine Walker is expected and everyone is on edge predicting the outcome of his inevitable confrontation with Luka Hunter. Will his presence bring love or death? No matter, which, he will cause devastation like no one has ever seen. Time is running out... Who can she trust?

Ms. Townsend did not send an excerpt for this book.

Contact:
Author Website/Blog:  http://kewtownsend.com/

Buy Links:
Amazon

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment