Sunday, June 17, 2018

Marie Tuhart, Her Desert Prince, @marietuhart, #DesertDestinySeries, #Royalty, #LightlyErotic


I’d like to welcome Marie Tuhart, author of Her Desert Prince to my blog today.

RW:    Would you like to write a different genre or sub-genre than you do now?

MT:    Paranormal Romance—I have off and on for years worked on two different paranormal worlds I want to build and write about.

RW:   Tell us about your latest book. What motivated the story? Where did the idea come from? What genre is it? Does it cross over to other genres? If so, what are they?

MT:     I wrote the story many years ago. I enjoy sheikh books and these characters came to life for me, but other books were selling. So I set this one aside. I’m not sure where the idea came from. It’s a contemporary romance, sexy and lightly erotic.

RW:    Generally, how long does it take you to write a book? Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow?

MT:     It really depends on the book. I do work on keeping a set schedule for writing, but sometimes edits come in when I’m least expecting them, or something comes up that I need to work on.

RW:   How many books have you written, how many have been published?

MT:   I’ve written: twenty full length novels and six short stories. I’ve published: fifteen full length novels and four short stories

RW:   Which comes first, the story, the characters, or the setting?

MT:    The characters. The come to me usually in a scene and not always the opening scene.

RW:    What is the hardest part of writing/the easiest for you?

MT:    Hardest part is the writing and editing. Some days I struggle. The easiest—thinking up situations to put my characters in.

RW:    Are you in control of your characters or do they control you?

MT:     A little bit of both. I have had my characters talk up in the middle of a book and say “Hey that’s not me.” And I rewrite a big chunk of the book to their satisfaction. Other times, I can write with no interference from my characters.

RW:   What do you hope readers take with them after reading your work?

MT:    I want readers to come away satisfied with a good read and a smile on their face.


RW:    What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?

MT:     I read, and I play games on my tablet. I also cuddle with my dog, go out with family or watch a TV show I’ve been wanting to see.

RW:   If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?

MT:     I would love to live in London, or maybe right outside of it. I fell in love with the UK on a visit last year

RW:    Party life or quiet dinner for two?

MT:     Quiet dinner for two

Her Desert Prince

Catherine Taylor is no stranger to life’s school of hard knocks. At the tender age of eighteen, she left her dysfunctional family behind and struck out on her own, finally free to embrace her passion for creating art. After years of hard work, she has achieved some degree of acclaim. When she is offered the opportunity to work in the small middle eastern country of Bashir to create the defining mural for the new children’s critical care ward, Catherine embraces the chance to meld her love of children and her love of art. What she doesn’t think she is ready for is the blatant and instant passion she feels the moment she meets the successful country’s crown prince, Malik.

Malik al-Hakim has been raised with the sole purpose of someday becoming the king of his beloved country of Bashir. Years of careful preparation by his loving family has him ready to take the yolk from his father one day, but nothing could prepare him for the instant lust he feels the moment he sees Catherine. Never one to let an opportunity slip by, Malik pursues Catherine convincing her to explore their desire. But when political intrigue places Catherine in danger, Malik soon realizes lust has evolved to love and he’ll do whatever it takes to keep the woman of his dreams safely by his side, no matter how hard she tries to fight their fate.

An Excerpt:

She stepped outside; the scent of jasmine filled her senses and her muscles instantly relaxed. The quiet snick of the door closing spurred her into action. She took the first path until she found a nice grassy area beneath a palm tree. She sat down and opened her sketchpad.

Her fingers flew over the pages as she captured the scenes flittering through her mind. She lost all track of time until a husky male voice said, “Hello, beautiful.”

Her head snapped up to see the stranger from the airport.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, pulling the sketchbook to her chest.

“I was about to ask you the same thing.” He slipped closer. “What are you drawing?” He craned his neck but couldn’t see anything.

“Nothing.” She closed the book with a snap, but her cheeks turned pink, making him even more curious about what she’d been drawing.

Then a memory nudged his brain. “You’re the artist commissioned to do the mural at the hospital.” He shook his head, trying to reconcile her with the woman at the airport.

“Yes.” Her chin came up, and he couldn’t help but grin. She was defensive about her work for some reason. No worries; he thought it was great. But part of him wanted to haul her into his arms and kiss her again. Instead, he followed a saner choice and sat down on the grass across from her.

She wiggled an inch or two away, and then her gaze met his. She was wary of him, but he caught a hint of curiosity in her gaze.

“I’m Catherine Taylor.” She held a hand out to him.

“Malik.” He grasped her hand, lowered his head, and caressed her knuckles with his lips. A slight shiver moved through her body and transferred to him. So, she was affected by him. Good. He squeezed her fingers.

Marie Tuhart

Marie Tuhart lives in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with her muse, Penny, a four-pound toy poodle. Marie loves to read and write. When she’s not writing, she spends time with family, traveling and enjoying life.

Marie is a multi-published author with The Wild Rose Press, Trifecta Publishing and does some self-publishing. Get alerts for new releases on Amazon or Book Bub. Also, you can join Marie’s newsletter where she gives her group advance information on her books, runs contests and does giveaways just for newsletter readers. Marie can also be found on Goodreads, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.

Book Links:




or universal link to all retailers: https://books2read.com/HerDesertPrince

Contact Marie At:

Twitter: @marietuhart


No comments:

Post a Comment