Sunday, May 13, 2018

Elle Nichols, Crucify My Heart, by Mia McKimmy, @MiaMcKimmy, #PNR, #author, #SonsofSivadia




I’d like to welcome Elle Nichols of Crucify My Heart by Mia McKimmy.

RW:    What’s your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about you?

EN:     When Mia said she wanted to write my story, I told her as long as she publishes it as fiction, I’m fine with it. You see, Sivadians go to great lengths to ensure humans know nothing about our existence. Three hundred years ago our planet was invaded and only a small group of survivors escaped Sivadia with their lives and Earth became our new home.

I’m twenty-five years old, born and raised in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia, and I just completed the required six months of training to become a Protector of the Light. We’re the ones who protect innocent Sivadian females and humans from Feeders. The humans call them vampires, but they’re really just rogue Sivadians who can’t follow our law to never feed on human blood.

RW:    Can you tell us about your hero.

EN:    I’m trying real hard not to think about him right now. Earlier today, I had to fight him as part of my exit exam because he’s one of the top three fighters in the Protectors. Kam is without a doubt, the most egotistical, irritating man I’ve ever met. Where some men will go through a six-pack of beer a night, Kam will go through a six-pack of women. It doesn’t help that he looks like a Greek god, and they flock to him like he’s the best thing since the invention of chocolate. I usually try to avoid him, but during our fight today something crazy happened. The moment we touched it was like an electrical current went through my body and settled in the most private place on it. Let’s just say, I now understand the phrase “weak in the knees.” Since that moment, I haven’t been able to think of much else… and it’s irritating as hell.

RW:    What problems do you have to face and overcome in your life?

EN:    I would like to face my fears and date within my on species. Humans are the only men I’ve ever dated. When I was thirteen, I was attacked and almost abducted by a Feeder. We’re so much stronger than humans, they’re the only ones I feel safe enough to be with. But I’m working hard on that. It’s one of the reasons I joined the Protectors. I’m stronger than ever, and they’ve taught me how to beat someone three times my size. I still haven’t dated a Sivadian. Baby steps.

RW:    Do you expect your hero to help or is he the problem?

EN:    Ha! Between his job and his busy social life, I seriously doubt it. Trust me, he’s the last person who can help. The only thing Kam has going for him is he’s a dang good Protector.

RW:    Where do you live?

EN:     Right now I’m in between homes. Because the leader of the Feeders discovered our compound in North Carolina, we are in the process of moving to a new one in Switzerland. I have a week off and when I return we’ll be moved into the new compound. I’m leaving after this interview to spend the week in Atlanta with my parents, visit my twin brothers, and my best friend Riana. I’ve not seen anyone other than my instructors during the last six months. I definitely deserve this vacation.

RW:    During what time-period does your story take place?

EN:     *Elle’s brows pull low* Well, today is May 14th, 2018… if that’s what you’re wondering?

RW:  Bubble baths or steamy showers? Ocean or mountains?

EN:    Steamy showers. The only time I soak in a bath is when I have strained muscles, and then I like lavender scented Epson Salts.

Mountains. All Sivadians prefer the mountains. Our home planet was very mountainous. it’s said that’s why we’re drawn to the mountains of Earth.

RW:   If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?

EN:    I’m about to move to the Swiss Alps. I don’t think it gets much better than that.

RW:    What is your secret guilty pleasure?

EN:   Ice Cream. Any flavor, any time. But the late night cravings are off the charts. Thank goodness I love working out.

RW:    If you were stranded on a tropical island, who would it be with? You can choose any living, deceased or mythical figure.

EN:    Thor. As long as he’s in Chris Hemsworth’s body. *A grin crosses Elle’s face.* What can I say, he’s one fine specimen of a human.

RW:    Those are all the questions I have for you. Thank you for speaking to me, and for protecting us humans.

EN:    Thanks for having me, Rochelle. Be safe, and don’t forget there’s a dark, evil out there that wants nothing more than your blood. And I promise to do everything within my power to stop them.

Mia McKimmy

Mia McKimmy writes paranormal romance novels reflecting her belief that everyone has one great love, and when you find them, there’s no denying you have met your destiny.

Mia counts herself lucky to be married to her one true love. She is Mom to two grown daughters, and Nana to four grandkids who have her wrapped around their fingers.

She is a former hair-dresser and has a degree as a Registered Nurse from Georgia Highlands College. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, and Georgia Romance Writers.

Crucify My Heart, Book 2 in the Sons of Sivadia Series. Release Date: June 28, 2018

Just one touch, and passionate enemies must fight an all-consuming desire to join their souls.

To overcome her fear of Vampires, Elle Nichols has spent the last six months training to become a Protector, an elite group of Sivadian warriors who keep the innocent safe. But to graduate, she had to fight Kam, the most arrogant, womanizing Protector she’s ever met. So why has she been having erotic dreams about him since their fight, when he’s the last person on Earth she’d ever want. After Elle’s twin goes missing, Kam arrives with a group of Protectors to help search. Maybe he has a few redeeming qualities, or maybe he wants to make her his latest conquest. And she has no intention of letting that happen.

Bad boy Kam Copeland enjoys two things in life, making love and killing Vampires. But when he is forced to fight Elle Nichols, aka, the most irritating female on Earth, the unthinkable happened. Elle’s touch cursed him into a life of celibacy, and he intends to discover why and get his life back to normal. But there’s a serial killer on the loose in Atlanta, and Kam’s need to protect Elle is becoming stronger by the minute. Can he stop the killer before Elle becomes the next victim? Or will Kam lose the only woman who has ever touched his soul?

An Excerpt:

(These events take place when Elle goes home and discovers one of her brothers has been attacked and is missing. Kam goes to help with the search.)

Kam entered Miles’ office. He and Declan were leaned over the computer going over plans to raid a feeder’s nest. “I want in on that raid.”

They looked up and stared at him. Declan’s dark brows drew together, and Miles chuckled as if someone had told a joke.
“What?” Kam asked in an incredulous tone. “Do I have something on my face?”

“You look like hell,” Miles said. “How long has it been since you slept?”

“I’ve slept. Just not soundly. I need to find a feeder to kill. That should fix me right up.”

Declan grinned. “Well, you’re in luck. We’ve tracked down a nest and plan to move on it before dark.”

Miles pushed his hand through the swoop of dark hair hanging across his forehead. “I’m not going. I have to head to Elle’s parents’ house in Atlanta.

Kam’s head jerked toward him. “Why?”

“Her brothers were attacked, and one was taken by the assailant. Might be a feeder, they’re not sure. Whoever it was, it doesn’t look good for her brother and she’s asked for help tracking him down. She’s pretty upset and if we don’t come she’ll go out on her own. Can’t have my newest Protector getting herself killed.”

Kam’s mouth went dry. Even though he didn’t want her as a life-mate, he couldn’t bear the thought of her being hurt. Or worse, killed. A pain grew in the center of his chest at the idea of her no longer existing. “I’m going to Atlanta with you.”

Miles stopped, his brows raised, and a slight smile split his lips. “What happened to the little wench being the most infuriating female ever born? I believe those were your words, along with a few other choice phrases.”

“She’s still that, and more. It doesn’t mean I want to see her hurt.”

Miles laughed and shook his head. “Well, at least you’re admitting that much.”

“Don’t start with me, Miles. I’m not in the mood.”

Miles held up his hands in surrender but released another chuckle as if he couldn’t help himself.

As soon as Miles finished giving Declan instructions, they transported to Elle’s parents’ house in Atlanta. It was a beautiful home in an upscale neighborhood. Unlike the place he was raised. Back then, all the girls who worked at the brothel lived with them. It might have been full of people, but it wasn’t a home, and you never had privacy.

Kam stood behind Miles as he knocked on the door. His gut tightened as footsteps grew louder. Why was he so damn nervous?

A woman in a cream pantsuit and blonde hair piled high atop her head opened the door.

“Hello, you must be Elle’s mother. I’m Miles Mancuso, commander of the Protectors, and this is Kam Copeland.”

“Yes, I’m Madeline. We’ve been expecting you. Thank you for offering to help find my son. Please, come in.”

They followed her through the foyer and into a large living room filled with people. Riana and Cy were there, along with Oz and Analae, Riana’s parents. A young guy was pacing the length of the room. Mrs. Nichols introduced him as Elle’s other brother, Carver. He made eye contact, but it seemed all he could manage in his agitated state. The family resemblance was remarkable, especially with her brother.

“Elle’s not here,” Mrs. Nichols announced. “We’ve tried calling all morning but she’s not answering her phone. She thinks we’ll insist she come home. We’ve been worried sick, and her father is out looking for her now.”

Kam’s stomach churned into a hard knot. “Maybe we should join the search.” Everyone turned at his suggestion. “Riana, why don’t you try calling? She’ll probably answer if it’s you.”

Mrs. Nichols’ face brightened as she looked at Riana. “Yes, Elle doesn’t even know you’re here yet. If she’ll answer for anyone, it’s you.”

Riana took her cell and entered the number. A sigh of relief came over the room when Elle answered. Mrs. Nichols turned to Kam and said, “Thank you. You are a brilliant young man. I’m afraid I’ve been too worried to think straight.”

Kam smiled at the woman. “You’re welcome.”

Riana turned off her phone. “She’s on the way. She’s been busy following up on leads.”

Carver stopped pacing. “Did she find anything?”

Riana shook her head. “She mentioned having a lead, and said she’d tell us when she gets here.”

A few minutes later, a door slammed in the back of the house, and Elle breezed into the living room. She froze inside the entrance and glanced around at everyone. When her eyes met Kam’s she quickly averted them, walked toward Riana and gave her a hug. “You didn’t wait for my call but thank you for coming.” Elle’s voice quivered a bit as she spoke.

“She’s only here for moral support,” Cy said. “The rest of us will help you find Cole.”

Elle placed her hand on Riana’s rounded belly. “Of course, can’t have anything happen to my godchild.”

“I have a fresh pot of coffee ready,” Mrs. Nichols announced.

Everyone moved into the kitchen and sat around the table. Mrs. Nichols served coffee, while Elle told them what she had discovered. And about the disappointing dead end at the suspect’s address. While she talked, the empty look in her eyes tugged at Kam’s heart. His hands itched to pull her to him and comfort her. Hold her in his arms like he had on the beach. But he couldn’t help noticing, her gaze landed on everyone but him.

Carver handed Elle a piece of paper. “The sketch artist came this morning. This is the face of the attacker.”

Elle stared at the sketch. “That’s the same person I pulled from the gallery manager’s mind.”

“Can I see that?” Miles asked. The moment he looked at the paper, his brows shot up. “I know who this is…we all do. It’s Zander Vines. He’s Sivadian and for a short time he belonged to the Protectors.” Miles handed the sketch to Oz and Cy leaned in to look at it.

“That’s him all right,” Oz said. “No wonder he fought both of your brothers and got away. I fought him during his finals and barely won. He was a fierce fighter and intelligent as hell. But he had some deep-seeded psychological problems that clashed with the job, and I ended up firing him after a few months. You’re on the right track with the art. He loved to draw and had it displayed inside his apartment. I figured it was a passtime to take his mind off the stress of the job.”


Kam looked at the photo. Oz had been the strongest and most celebrated warrior their race had ever seen. If this guy had almost defeated him, and was as clever as Oz said, he’d be hard to track and even harder to take down.

“Do you think he’s turned feeder?” Elle asked.

Oz shook his head. “I don’t know. No matter if he has or not, if he’s harming Sivadians or humans, we have the right to stop him any way we see fit.”

Elle gave Miles a folded map. “I’ve marked the locations of art galleries around the city in red ink and art supply stores in blue.”

Miles spread the map on the table. After studying it for a moment, he took a pen and circled a section. “Oz, you and I will take this area. Kam, you and Cy take Elle and cover the galleries here in Buckhead.

Kam watched Elle for a reaction. As he expected, her body tensed, and she shook her head. “Cy and Kam can go. I’m going to the local police station to see if similar attacks have happened around the city. If I come up empty-handed, I’ll go to the GBI and look through their files.”

Elle still hadn’t looked at Kam. Not even her normal dominating, defiant glare. Before, she’d at least acknowledged he existed. She obviously didn’t want him here. Stress rolled off her in waves, and he found himself craving eye contact, even if another one of her insults came with it. Since he woke this morning, visions of the beach dream had played over a constant loop in his head. How smooth her flawless skin felt beneath his hands, how her soft, warm lips felt on his body. His groin tightened, and he squirmed in his seat, needing to adjust himself in the confines of his leather fighting pants.

Damn dream really messed me up!

“You can’t go to the police station alone,” Kam told her.

Elle’s eyes finally met his and her chin raised in the air. “I can do as I damn well please. You don’t make the assignments.”

“He’s right, Elle. No one goes out alone,” Oz said. “That’s always been the Protector’s way, and this is no different.”

Elle swiped a strand of blonde hair from her face. “Fine.”

“I’m going with Elle,” Carver announced, and all eyes turned toward him.

“That’s fine,” Miles said. “But you two are taking Kam with you. Cy, if you want to stay here with Riana and access the Protector’s files, maybe there’s something in Vines file we’ve forgotten about.”

Cy nodded and looked at Elle’s mother. “We keep thorough records; maybe we’ll find something that’ll lead us straight to his doorstep.”

Contact Mia At:





Book Links:

The Sacrifice, Book 1 of Sons of Sivadia


Crucify my Heart, a Sons of Sivadia Novel

Amazon:  TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment