Sunday, March 11, 2018

Stanalei Fletcher @StanaleiFletch Proving Ground #Audiobook #Suspense




RW:    Tell us about yourself, your family, where you live.
SL:     I’m old enough have 8 grandchildren ranging in ages 6 months to 18 years old, but young enough to still have to work a day job. I live with my soulmate of over 23 years near the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We enjoy all four seasons and especially enjoy working a garden for fresh vegetables during the spring, summer, and fall.

RW:    How many hours a day do you spend writing?
SL:     I don’t spend nearly enough hours a day writing. I end up counting my hours by the week. I do strive for at least 8 hours a week. This is an area I need to vastly improve upon.

RW:    What is the best thing about being a writer?
SL:     The very best thing about being a writer is getting use all those great baby names. You know; the one you couldn’t use for your own kids? I LOVE that part.

RW:    Who are your favorite authors?
SL:    My favorite authors: Alistair MacLean, Tom Clancy, Kristan Higgins, RaeAnne Thayne, James Rollins, Christopher Moore, and Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens.

RW:    What makes a good book?
SL:     For me what makes a book good is a great hook that draws me in, solid plot logic, and last but certainly not least—heart. The story needs characters that I care about.

RW:    Why did you decide to write?
SL:     I didn’t just decide to write one day. I think it’s been in my make-up since a child. But I did decide I’d try to learn the craft better and write for the purpose of publication. That decision came from the realization that I loved the process of creating story. Being a writer was something I wanted to become.

RW:    How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing?
SL:     Much of who I am informs my characters and the plot lines in my books. Drawing from familiar backgrounds keeps the story foundation strong for me.

RW:   What about your family? Do they know not to bother you when you are writing, or are there constant interruptions?
SL:    It’s just my husband and I in the house and I have designated days that are set aside for my writing time. He is very supportive and respectful of that time. If there are family interruptions, then they are usually of an urgent nature or it because I allow the occasional baseball game to divert my attention.

RW:    What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?
SL:     I sleep to recharge my batteries. There’s nothing like a good power nap. J

RW:    What is your secret guilty pleasure?
SL:     Chocolate. Except that’s really not a secret.

 PROVING GROUND
Northstar Security Series book 1.
Now available in audio. Narrated by Charles Henderson Norman.

Screw-ups don’t get second chances. That’s what Caitlin Malone believes when she returns to Oregon after failing her first Northstar Security assignment. When she inadvertently stumbles across a plot to steal deadly pathogens from the bio-lab near her hometown, she sees a chance at redemption.

USDA Forest Ranger, John ‘Mac’ MacAlistair, doesn’t want to babysit the motorcycle club holding their annual rally in his national forest. To make matters worse, Caitlin is attending the rally with Mac’s estranged uncle. Having her home again brings up feelings that are better left buried.

It’s early September. Any spark will send the dry timber into a raging fire. The terrorists are counting on that distraction to work in their favor. When Caitlin is trapped by the wildfire, her only hope of rescue is pinned on Mac, the man she’s tried two years to forget. Before they can share their feelings, Mac and Caitlin must first escape the burning forest and stop the terrorists from releasing the deadly pathogens.

Excerpt:

The fear Mac had carried since Sean’s call lifted, was replaced by a sensation of overwhelming relief that took him by surprise. He’d been on search and rescue missions before and was always glad when they found a missing hiker. But finding Caitlin was like finding a lost treasure, one so precious, he never wanted to let her out of his sight again. He smiled, but it faded as he shined the light on her face. “You look like hell.”

Her face was completely covered in dirt and soot. The whites of her eyes looked huge and stark in the beam of the flashlight. A red bandana across her forehead kept most of her hair out of her eyes, but her braid had unraveled and hung in wild disarray down her back. Twigs and grass tangled in the long strands spoke volumes of her race for safety. Mac couldn’t recall when he’d seen a woman look more bedraggled, yet utterly breathtaking.


Stanalei Fletcher

Stanalei Fletcher is the award-winning author of the Northstar Security Series. She has over twenty years of training in the martial arts and holds the rank of Sandan, a third-degree black belt, in Aikido.

After a taste of life on both U.S. coasts, she now resides near the beautiful Wasatch Mountain Range with her husband. Together they enjoy backcountry dirt trails on a RZR, visiting our National Parks, or exploring museums and ghost towns.


Contacts:


Buy Links:
https://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/audio-books/5707-proving-ground.html

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me on your blog this week, Rochelle. It's been an honor!

    ReplyDelete