Sunday, December 17, 2017

Zach Bennett, Too True To Be Good, By Mary E Thompson, @Authormet, #Contemporary, #NewRelease, #Romance


I’d like to welcome Zach of Too True To Be Good by Mary E Thompson.

RW:    What’s your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about you?

ZB:     Hell if I know. I’m a pretty ordinary guy. I’m a chef at my family’s restaurant and I don’t really do anything spectacular. Maybe someone wants to know about Summer. You know, the girl who showed up on my doorstep saying she’s my kid.

RW:    Can you tell us about your hero/ine

ZB:     Gianna is the most amazing woman I’ve ever met. She’s kind and beautiful and has a great sense of humor. I definitely never imagined I’d know someone like her.

RW:    Bubble baths or steamy showers? Ocean or mountains? Puppies or kittens? Chocolate or caramel?

ZB:     Definitely steamy showers. The steamier the better. Ocean works for me. The clothes are much better for my viewing pleasure. Puppies. Women are suckers for puppies. And caramel. Chocolate is too obvious. Caramel is the way to go.

RW:    If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?

ZB:     It doesn’t matter how much money I have, I’m not leaving Amavita. The vineyard my family owns is the most beautiful place on earth. How can you beat 73 acres of grapes on the bank of Cayuga Lake, all my family around me, and all the wine I can drink? Nothing can ever compare.

RW:    What is your secret guilty pleasure?

ZB:     I don’t think it’s very secret, but I love to cook. Even when it’s just for myself. It calms me and reminds me who I am. I love feeding people, and I love what I do. I’m fortunate that way.

RW:    City life or country life? E-Book or paperback? Zebras or elephants?

ZB:     Country life. Always. Definitely need my paperbacks. And elephants. I’m a big fan of curves.

RW:    Satin, Egyptian cotton, jersey, flannel… What are your favorite sheets?

ZB:     Is there such a thing as bad sheets? I mean, really. When we get under them, all I care about is if she’s happy.

But I do buy Egyptian cotton. Damn are they soft.

RW:    Party life or quiet dinner for two?

ZB:     Quiet dinner for two. At my place. Where the bedroom isn’t far away.

RW:    When I’m alone, I (fill in the blank).

ZB:     Read. I’ve always been a reader. I have shelves of books in my room. It’s my escape, especially before Gianna and Summer came into my life.

RW:    Those are all the questions I have for you. Thank you for speaking to me.

ZB:     Oh, no, thank you. It was all my pleasure.

Mary E Thompson

Bio

Mary E. Thompson grew up loving to read, like a good little girl. Many nights she would fall asleep with the flashlight still turned on as she hid under the covers trying to finish the last few pages of a book. As an adult, the light from her ereader means she doesn’t need a flashlight, but she still stays up way too late to finish a book.

When Mary’s not reading, she’s playing with her two kids or living out her own real-life romance novel with her hubby. She has a weakness for chocolate, especially when it’s paired with peanut butter, and has been known to have a bad day just because there’s no chocolate in the house. Unless there’s wine. Then everything is okay.

Mary grew up in Buffalo, New York and swears she’s the only local to never ski or snowboard. Soccer was always her sport, with a couple adventures white water rafting and skydiving to keep things interesting. Mary moved to South Carolina for college but missed Buffalo every day. Yeah, she thinks she’s crazy, too. She somehow convinced her South Carolina born-and-bred hubby to return to Buffalo to raise their kids and live out their lives. He’s still not sure what he was thinking.

Too True To Be Good

The Plot

His life was good…

Zach Bennett was content to go to work, hang out with his family and friends, and entertain a woman once in a while. As his family found love all around him, he was content to stay single. Unattached. Happy.

Besides, he had enough to worry about with a new chef breathing down his neck for his job.

She faced the truth every day…

Gianna Brooks always wanted to work with people. She saw enough growing up to know kids need all the help they can get. They deserved to be safe. Loved. Happy.
Which is why she’s determined to get her new client into a forever home.

But the truth isn’t always good…

The last thing Zach needs is a little girl showing up on his doorstep claiming she’s his. Her social worker hot on her heels, and demanding a place to stay definitely doesn’t make it any better. Especially with Gianna’s curvy body and bedroom eyes, and his daughter’s sad sweetness, making him consider keeping both of them.

Gianna knows she should run. Zach knows he should send them away. But neither of them can resist the pull toward the other.


An Excerpt:

Zach drove Gianna insane the rest of the day. She didn’t know if he was doing it on purpose, but as they drove around the vineyard, he kept touching her. A brush of his arm when they hit a bump, a rub of his knee under the table at lunch, even a hand low on her back when they were walking down the street in Bereton.

She was wound so tight she was ready to snap by the time they got back to his place for dinner.

She enjoyed the tour he gave them, and so did Summer, but she needed to keep her distance from Zach if she was going to survive the rest of the trip.

And she definitely couldn’t afford a hotel for however long she’d be there.

She went straight to her room when they got back to his place. She needed a break from him. She knew he would tie her up in knots if she let him. Apparently if she didn’t let him, too.

Gianna sank onto the bed and flopped back, Zach’s scent wrapping around her like a blanket. She groaned, wishing there was somewhere she could go to get away from him. An escape. She could go for a walk, but she knew it would just remind her of him and she’d end up taking a path he’d gone earlier. She could go to town, but the same would happen.

No matter where she went, she’d think of Zach.

And want him.

It was lust, plain and simple, but it was powerful. He was powerful. She’d never wanted a guy like she wanted him. She enjoyed sex, but there was something about Zach that told her sex with him would be unlike anything she’d ever experienced.

She groaned at herself. She needed to stop thinking about sex with him. It was never going to happen.

Contact Mary At:

Amazon Author Page: 

Book Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment