Sunday, October 15, 2017

Marianne Clark of CEO’s Widow by @AuthorTinaGayle #GeezerLit, #Romance, #WomanHelpingWoman




I’d like to welcome Marianne Clark of CEO’s Widow by Tina Gayle.

RW:    What’s your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about you?

MC:    I’m what most would call a corporate wife. I was married to my husband for years and supported him and the role he played in the company where he worked. Then he was killed in a car wreck with the other executives of the company. I took on the job of bringing together the wives left behind and created a new support group/ family.

RW:    What problems do you have to face and overcome in your life?

MC:    I have not been willing to give love another chance since I lost my husband. But now that I’ve found out I may have breast cancer, I’m not sure I can give up the chance to be with the new man in my life.

RW:    Do you expect your hero to help or is he the problem?

MC:    Knox Turner is a wonderful man, but he suffered greatly when his first wife died of cancer, so I’m not sure it’d be fair of me to expect him to go through it with me. So yes, he is the problem...because I love him. But he still wants to help, too. How can I ask him to do that?

RW:    Where do you live?

MC:    Omaha, Nebraska

RW:    During what time-period does your story take place?

MC:    Some people might say it is going on right now.

RW:    How are you coping with the conflict in your life?

MC:    I’m taking it one day at a time and counting my blessings.

RW:    If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?

MC:    Omaha, Nebraska. This is where my family is, and I want to be close to them.

RW:    If you were stranded on a tropical island, who would it be with? You can choose any living, deceased or mythical figure.

MC:    Knox, because then I could have him all to myself without having to worry about his company commitments.

RW:    If you came with a warning label, what would it say?

MC:    Determined woman, Don’t stand in her way or you’ll get hurt.

RW:    Party life or quiet dinner for two?

MC:    Quiet dinner for two

Tina Gayle

Tina’s Reason for writing CEO’S Widow

Even the Threat of cancer causes stress. The days before a doctor gets the results of the test can seem like forever.

When I was in my teens, my mother found a lump in her breasts. The only way for them to tell if it was cancerous was to do a biopsy. Back in those days, a woman had to check into a hospital to have a biopsy done.

The days before the biopsy, I remember believing that those may be the last of my time with her. We grew very close during that time and remained close afterward.

When I decided to write CEO’s Widow, I remember the pain I suffered and tried to add that to the story. This book does not go into the technical aspects of the treatment. Instead, it is about the emotional pain the cancer causes.

CEO’s Widow

The Plot:

After surviving the grief of her husband’s death, Marianne Clark has built a new life with the help of the other Executive Wives. She plans to enjoy grandchildren and friends until her doctor tells her he found a lump in her breast. Her world turns upside down. She re-evaluates her priorities and decides to grab hold of life with both hands.

Knox Turner lost his first wife to cancer. He’s determined not to let Marianne face this challenge alone.

Can this couple face the trials ahead and build a future together?

Excerpt:

Tears leaked from the corners of Marianne’s eyes. She brushed them away with the back of her hand and stared out the front windshield of her car.

One sentence kept playing through her head. “We found an area on your left breast that might be a problem.”

Her doctor described other tests she’d have to take, which might also include a biopsy and possibly even surgery. With twenty-five-plus-years as an executive’s wife, she’d pushed aside her emotional response and had dealt with the problem logically.

She’d departed her doctor’s office in a blind stupor, reviewing every possible solution. Once she reached her car, she sat there for a few moments, her mind naturally turning to how to tell her family. Then, she recalled her decision to spend tonight with Knox and to go away with him for the weekend.

Pain sliced through her.

What should she say to him? Especially after the pain, he’d endured from losing Betty, his first wife to...

Damn.

Conversations she’d had with Knox when Betty was undergoing her intense chemotherapy ran through Marianne’s head. He’d appeared so strong. Yet, he’d sacrificed everything and sold his company so he’d have more time to spend with his wife.

Why give up everything if he hadn’t believed she’d recover?

Buy Links:

Available at Amazon | B&N | Apple | Kobo | Smashwords

Contact Tina At:


No comments:

Post a Comment