Sunday, March 05, 2017

Mary E. Thompson @authormet #ContemporaryRomance #RomCom #AuthorInterview




Welcome Mary E. Thompson, author of Never a Bridesmaid, Always a Bride: a Raise a Glass Romance.

RW:       Tell us about yourself, your family, where you live…

MET:     I’m married with two young kids. My husband is absolutely amazing, and my kids are a lot of fun. We live a little south of Buffalo, NY, near where I grew up. Buffalo is a small city so it has a small town feel. I love being in Buffalo, and I look forward to the snow every year!

RW:       How does reader feedback matter to you?

MET:     I love hearing from readers! I have a Fan Club that I ask for feedback all the time. They’ve helped me plot out parts of novels. We’ve talked about what kind of heroes they want to read—names, situations, everything. It helps me frame stories, and they have a part in it, too. It’s a lot of fun!

RW:       Why did you decide to write?

MET:     I took a long time to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. I have a degree in chemical engineering and did not enjoy working as an engineer. I was trying to figure out what else I wanted to do and was just starting to get back into reading. I wondered if I could write a book and tried. I haven’t looked back since!

RW:       Bubble baths or steamy showers? Ocean or mountains? Puppies or kittens? Chocolate or caramel?

MET:     Bubble baths, oceans, kittens, and always chocolate!

RW:       What song would best describe your life?

MET:     A Little More Love by Lee Brice and Jarrod Niemann is the song that has been resonating with me lately. I think it describes me pretty well. It talks about sacrificing the right things and enjoying life instead of working so hard you can’t enjoy anything. We forget sometimes to have fun because we are working for the next great thing. This song reminds us to be happy with less money so you have more of a life. I like that!

RW:       If you were stranded on a tropical island, who would it be with? You can choose any living, deceased, or mythical figure.

MET:     My husband. He and I get along really well and my weaknesses are his strengths, and vice versa. We might not make it off that island, but we’d be content together until we found a way home!

RW:       What does your husband think of your writing?

MET:     He’s insanely supportive! He knew how miserable I was in my old job and wanted to see me happy. He knows how much I love writing and wants me to keep doing it. He’s also always willing to give me inspiration if I’m ever stuck!

RW:       If you came with a warning label, what would it say?

MET:     WARNING: Contains swear words to insult you, useless knowledge to confuse you, and a little too much wine, just to make things interesting.

RW:       If I were a first-time reader of your books, which one would you recommend I start with and why?

MET:     I would recommend you start with Chubby & Charming. It’s the first book in my Big & Beautiful series and it’s available free on all platforms. It will give you a very good idea of the type of characters I write and what my books are like to make sure you enjoy them before you start investing!

RW:       What do you hope readers take with them after reading your work?

MET:     Hope. I’ve had a lot of readers tell me my books give them hope. I write spicy romance, but I write about real people with real problems. People I can relate to; people most of us can relate to. My characters are your friends, and watching your friends fall in love should give you hope.


Releasing Tomorrow, March 7, 2017:

Never A Bridesmaid, Always A Bride!

Alyssa Morgan thought she’d never set foot on her family’s vineyard again. Fifteen years was a long time to be away, but not nearly long enough when she had nothing to show for her time. Unless you’d count three failed marriages, two parents she barely spoke to, one disastrous attempt at a college degree, and zero friends to count on.

Jake Monroe thought about leaving Amavita Estates many times after Alyssa left him. Over the years, her family became his family. They accepted him. Loved him. Healed him. Her family was the family he never had, and without her around to remind him otherwise, he could pretend he was one of them.

Until she walked back into his world looking nothing like the girl he used to know.

Alyssa knows she needs to stay away from Jake. Jake wants nothing to do with her. But the chemistry that drew them together fifteen years ago is stronger than they are.

Especially when Jake glimpses the vulnerability she’s trying to hide. His old protective instincts kick in. He wants to soothe her old hurts, and maybe her new ones, too. But Jake doesn’t know if he can move beyond their past to be friends, let alone what he thought they would become. And Alyssa doesn’t know if she can lean on him again when there’s still another woman in his life.

Excerpt from Never A Bridesmaid, Always A Bride

Alyssa couldn’t believe Jake was kissing her. Kissing her like he still loved her. Like he wanted her.

She hadn’t been kissed like that in fifteen years. She clung to him, never wanting to let him go.

Her tongue slid over his, pooling heat low in her belly. She wanted him to carry her right out of there and all the way back to his place. She wanted him to lay her down in his bed and let her kiss him all night.

But he pulled back.

Alyssa wanted to dive back in. To lose herself in Jake all over again. He rested his forehead against hers, a move that made her heart squeeze painfully. He used to do that all the time. She loved looking at him up close. She’d memorized him fifteen years ago, but Jake was different. More lines stretched out from his eyes. The hazel she’d always loved sparked with green and gold. His breath fanned over her face as he lowered his lashes to his cheeks, hiding himself from her.

She didn’t know what he was thinking. She told herself he wanted her since he was the one who started the kiss, but something that seemed painfully close to regret was rolling off him.

He straightened, disconnecting himself from her all at once instead of slowly. She nearly whimpered at the loss of his warmth against her, but she didn’t. If Alyssa Morgan was anything, it was strong.

She looked up into his eyes and knew he was only seconds away from bolting for the door. What she didn’t know was if he would say anything before he ran away from her.


About Mary E Thompson

Mary E. Thompson grew up loving to read, like a good little girl. Many nights she would fall asleep with the flashlight still turned on as she hid under the covers trying to finish the last few pages of a book. As an adult, the light from her e-reader means she doesn’t need a flashlight, but she still stays up way too late to finish a book.

When Mary’s not reading, she’s playing with her two kids or living out her own real-life romance novel with her hubby. She has a weakness for chocolate, especially when it’s paired with peanut butter, and has been known to have a bad day just because there’s no chocolate in the house. Unless there’s wine. Then everything is okay.

Mary grew up in Buffalo, New York and swears she’s the only local to never ski or snowboard. Soccer was always her sport, with a couple adventures white-water rafting and skydiving to keep things interesting. Mary moved to South Carolina for college but missed Buffalo every day. Yeah, she thinks she’s crazy, too. She somehow convinced her South Carolina born and bred hubby to return to Buffalo to raise their kids and live out their lives. He’s still not sure what he was thinking.

Contact Mary:

And don’t forget to sign up for her newsletter:  http://maryethompson.com/fiction-free/

Buy Links:


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me, Rochelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Mary. It's a pleasure having you here.

    ReplyDelete