Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Importance of Love by: Cassandra Carr

Before I introduce my guest, I'd like to say on behalf of myself and my family that our hearts go our to the survivors and the families who lost loved ones on that tragic day ten years ago.

Cassandra Carr lives in Western New York with her husband, Inspiration, and her daughter, Too Cute for Words. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out on Twitter. Her debut novel, Talk to Me, was released by Loose Id on March 22, 2011. 


One of the things that annoys me when people ask me about what I write is the insinuation that my books aren't really romance. I joke around that I write smut, but what I really write is romance, albeit more graphically connected to the sexual side of love. Make no mistake, though—my books are about love.

As I sat in my recliner earlier this week trying to figure out what I wanted to talk about, knowing today was the 10th anniversary of 9/11, it came to me: I should write about love. Love, is, after all, the most important thing. So on this reminder of one of the greatest tragedies in our history, tell your loved ones how much you care. Show them how much you care.

For the excerpt portion of the post, I'm showcasing the "I love you" moment from my current release, Talk to Me.



“I know it must sound crazy, and I wouldn’t blame you if you told me to go to hell, but I want this. I want you. I could fall in love with you. Hell, I think I am falling in love with you.” Jamie gasped, and he continued. “I haven’t said that to any woman in years, not since Jenn.” He reached for her, stroking her cheek lightly. “But I’m willing to say it now. You’re special, Jamie, and I’d be an idiot if I didn’t pursue this. So what do you say? Will you take a chance on me?”

She looked heavenward and blew out a harsh breath. “Yes.” His heart almost stopped. He realized how afraid he’d been that she would say no. Brushing her lips against the fingers still caressing her face, she smiled. “I’ll take a chance with you.”

Buy links for Talk to Me are on Cassandra's website.   http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com

You can "like" Cassandra on Facebook at:  http://www.facebook.com/AuthorCassandraCarr
or
Follow her on Twitter at:  http://www.twitter.com/Cassandra_Carr


No comments:

Post a Comment