Sunday, March 18, 2018

Keith Brinks from Growth of Love by D. Anne Paris @danneparis #ContemporaryRomance, #MiddleEast, #Amputation



I’d like to thank Keith Brinks from Growth of Love by D. Anne Paris

RW:     What’s your story/backstory? Why would someone come up with a story about you?

KB:      Why would anyone want to write a story about me? I went to the Middle East, lost my foot saving my friend and now everyone pities me which really pisses me off.

RW:     Can you tell us about your hero?

KB:      There’s only one man that’s a hero in my eyes and that’s my Dad. That man was always there for me and taught me everything I know. He left a huge hole in our family after he died in one of the Twin Towers during 9/11. No one could ever replace him.

RW:     What problems do you have to face and overcome in your life?

KB:      First off, losing my Dad and having to fill his shoes to help my mom raise my little sister. The second is learning to walk after losing my foot. I’ve learned that you can overcome anything in life if you take baby steps.

RW:     Do you expect your hero to help or is he the problem?

KB:     Like I mentioned before, my Dad passed away, but part of the reason I went to the Middle East was to help find and stop terrorists like the ones who caused 9/11

RW:     Where do you live?

KB:      I live in Chicago, IL

RW:     During what time period does your story take place?

KB:      A couple months ago in the winter time.

RW:     How are you coping with the conflict in your life?

KB:      I was able to adopt one of the bomb sniffing dogs that worked with my team in the Middle East. Max is one of my best buddies right now; the other one is Jeri and she’s… well, you can read about us in Growth of Love.

RW:     Those are all the questions I have for you. Thank you for speaking to me.

KB:      Thanks for having me.

D. Anne Paris

D. Anne Paris began conjuring up stories even before she could put words on paper. When other kids in her class submitted stories about their vacations and puppies, she submitted ones that had to be blessed by a priest.

D. Anne is the author of the Heirs of Orion series. Book One, Driven by Love, introduces the reader into a world filled with gifted individuals who try to live among regular people. Book Two, Growth of Love, takes the reader deeper into their world which is becoming more dangerous as influential people try to find ways to control them.

When not in the writing cave or marketing lab, D.Anne can be found in the garage working on her first love- her Trans Am, or working on her blueberry farm. She is the wife of one hot Silver Fox and the mom of one mini salesman who tries to convince his friend’s mothers to buy her books.

The Plot

Keith Brinks just about had it with his life. He lost his father, his foot, and now his girlfriend. There was nothing else he cared about except maybe his best friend’s sister but that’s all she was, a friend. He was too broken from all his battles to be anything more than a friend, but his heart is telling him something different.

Jerilind Miller survived the worst that life threw at her. Losing her parents, husband, and money shattered her, but she was a fighter. After slowly piecing her life back together she begins to see things differently including her brother’s friend Keith.

Will love be able to bring together two shattered souls?
Excerpt

“Jeri.”

She stood by the plant, hesitant to move away from it. Her emotions must be really intense if she couldn’t step away from it.

“I’m sorry for the way I acted when I left your house. It was wrong for me to act that way.”

“Of course it was wrong. Who are you to tell me what to do with my life?” She slowly walked over to his bed. “If I want to go and date someone online then I should.”

“Jeri, those guys...”

Her body shook as she yelled at him. “And by the way, why the hell am I your emergency contact? Why didn’t you choose Dean?”

His heart started to beat faster. What the hell did he have to lose? “Because you’re the closest to me,” he muttered.

“Closest? I’m 150 miles away!”

“No, Jeri. You’re the closest to me.” His voice was low and his eyes captured hers as she hovered over his bed.

“Keith, I...”

“I know you, Jeri, and I want you in my life.” He reached out for her hand. She walked up to him, tears in her eyes, and took hold of his hand. “The question is, Jeri, would you want to be with a busted up and broken man like me?”

She nodded and a tear fell down her cheek. “You’re not broken in my eyes.”

“And you’re perfect in mine.”

Book Links:


You can reach out to D Anne through these channels:









No comments:

Post a Comment