Sunday, November 13, 2016

Geoffrey de Montfort, #WordofHonor by @AlexaAston



Meet Geoffrey de Montfort, hero of Word of Honor by Alexa Aston

RW:        What’s your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about YOU?
GDM:     I am a knight of the realm and have fought for England and King Edward in the wars against France. If anyone would wish to write my story, every line would speak of the love I have for Merryn, my wife.

RW:        Can you tell us about your heroine?
GDM:     Merryn is the strongest, bravest woman I know. She’s beautiful within and without, and Kinwick Castle has prospered while under her care.

RW:        What problems do you have to face and overcome in your life?
GDM:     My biggest problem stems from my vow as a knight. I have given my word to someone, and my Word of Honor binds me to keep a secret from my wife. I was separated for Merryn for almost seven years, and I have sworn never to reveal where I was all those years. Needless to say, our reunion has suffered because of the truth I must hide from my wife.

RW:        Do you expect your heroine to help or is she the problem?
GDM:     Merryn must learn to trust me again, which seems impossible at the moment. Until she does, I can only hope she will continue to love me and believe in me—and in us.

RW:        Where do you live?
GDM:     We live in the south of England at Kinwick Castle, three days’ ride from London.

RW:        During what time-period does your story take place?
A.                              It’s the mid-14th century.

RW:        How are you coping with the conflict in your life?
GDM:     Frankly, I’m miserable. I longed for Merryn every day I was gone. Coming home to her was an impossible dream that finally happened. Now, though, although love is still there—trust has been broken between us.

RW:        Those are all the questions we have for you. Thank you for speaking to us.
GDM:     Thank you, my lady. Say a prayer to the Virgin Mary that love will heal the rift between me and the love of my life.

Author Bio:

Alexa Aston’s historical romances use history as a backdrop to place her characters in extraordinary circumstances, where their intense desire for one another grows into the treasured gift of love.

She is the author of The Knights of Honor, a medieval romance series that takes place in 14th century England during the reign of Edward III and centers on the de Montfort family. Each romance focuses on the code of chivalry that bound knights of this era.

A native Texan, Alexa lives with her husband in a Dallas suburb, where she eats her fair share of dark chocolate and plots out stories while she walks every morning. She enjoys reading, watching movies, and can’t get enough of Fixer Upper or Game of Thrones. Alexa also writes romantic suspense, western historical, and standalone medieval novels as Lauren Linwood.

The Plot:

Merryn Mantel and Geoffrey de Montfort have loved each other since childhood. Once betrothed, Geoffrey leaves for the wars in France for five long years. Upon his return, the two marry and spend one blissful night consummating their love and making plans for their future.

But her new husband vanishes the next day without a trace. Merryn grieves for almost seven years—and then Geoffrey returns to her—changed from the boy and man she knew and worshipped. This stranger refuses to reveal where he has been and why he stayed away for so long.

Will her husband’s silence create a rift too large to heal, or can Merryn and Geoffrey recapture the love they once shared?


Excerpt:

“Merryn, I have a gift for you.”

Geoffrey pulled something from his pocket but kept it clasped within his hand. Her curiosity grew.

His arms went around her waist. He tugged her to him. He dropped a kiss on the tip of her nose then pressed his lips to her forehead. Merryn felt cherished in that moment.

“I had this made in France.” He brought his right hand around and opened it.

She looked down and saw a brooch resting there. The piece had equal amounts of gold and enamel, but what stood out were the brilliant sapphires.

Merryn raised her eyes to meet his.

“Your eyes are the bluest of blue, my love. When I saw these stones, I knew ‘twas meant for you to wear. Will you do so, each and every day? I know ’tis but a token of my love for you, but ’twould make me happy to see it pinned to your cote-hardie.”

She lifted the brooch from his hand and smiled. “Never a day shall pass that I do not wear it. I shall touch it a dozen times a day when we’re apart, knowing we will soon be together.”

Merryn brought the piece to her lips and gave it a solemn kiss. She looked back at her husband. “You spoil me. I have nothing for you.”

Geoffrey slipped a hand inside his clothing and pulled out the gold necklace she’d given him on the day of their betrothal.

“This has rested next to my heart since we parted five years ago. I have never taken it off. I never shall. You have always been next to me as I wore it. ’Tis the best gift I ever received.

“Till now.” Her new husband rested his hands on her shoulders and gazed into her eyes.

“You are the most beautiful bride that any man has claimed. I shall tell you ever morn how beautiful you are.”

“Even when I am wrinkled and gray?”

He smiled. “Especially then. For that means we will have lived a lifetime together. In love.”

Contacts:


Buy Link:


Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting Geoffrey & me stop by today, Rochelle!

    ReplyDelete