Sunday, July 17, 2016

Welcome Sabrina Boyd of "The Marriage Unltimatum" by Charlotte O'Shay!





I’d like to welcome Sabrina Boyd, of The Marriage Ultimatum by Charlotte O’Shay, to my blog this week.

RW:    Hi, Sabrina. What's your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about you?

SB:     Honestly, I don’t know why anyone would want to focus on me. I’m pretty ordinary. In fact, I’m trying to fly below the radar. I’m one of the millions of people just trying to survive in the city. I have big dreams of a great career, a relationship and a bigger family, but right now I have a so-so job that pays the bills, and a little toddler I adore!

RW:    Can you tell us about your hero?

SB:     He’s my boss—my ex-boss really, because he had the nerve to fire me!

He’s a Type A kind of guy, very serious but very hot—something about him is so sexy. My perfect type if I ever had time for a relationship. We shared a steamy kiss before I realized who he was.

RW:    What problems do you have to face and overcome in your life?

SB:     I have a very real fear of losing my little toddler, Alex to social services. My mom died and my dad left a long time ago. He has only me to look out after him. I don’t want social services judging us, so one of things I do is pretend he’s my son, not my brother. Someday I know Alex and I will thrive, but right now it’s tough to keep our heads above water. I wish I had time for a boyfriend, a relationship, but I don’t have time for much except work.

RW:    Do you expect your hero to help or is he the problem?

SB:     Vlad is both the problem and part of the solution. It’s complicated. He thinks I took a bribe to be part of a tabloid story to ruin his reputation. He thinks the only way to counter the tabloid scandal is for us to enter an arranged marriage. I had nothing to do with the story in the news. But there are two positives to that for me. I still find Vlad insanely attractive, and he will provide some financial security for my boy Alex. I’m starting to fall in love with him, but his life experiences have hardened him, and I don’t know if he will ever trust or love me.

RW:    Where do you live?

SB:     I live in the greatest city in the world, the City of Dreams. New York City. Brooklyn, to be specific.

RW:    During what time period does your story take place?

SB:     Current day

RW:    How are you coping with the conflict in your life?

SB:     I’m on an emotional rollercoaster. I’m still really attracted to Vlad, and I know he feels the same. I’m trying hard to deal with Vlad’s accusations by keeping my focus on Alex, and what is best for him.

RW:    Those are all the questions we have for you. Thank you for speaking to us.


SB:     It was fun talking to you too!


Bio

Charlotte O’Shay was born in New York City into big family and then married into another big family all of which provided her with enough drama, noise and inspiration for a lifetime of stories.

Negotiating skills honed at the dinner table led her to a career in the law. After four beautiful children joined the crowded family tree, Charlotte gladly traded her legal career to write about happily-ever-afters in the City of Dreams

Book Blurb:

Dead-end job? Dreary apartment? Disastrous love life? Check, check, and check. Toddler who makes it all worthwhile? Absolutely. Juggling work, college, and the care of young Alex was never Sabrina’s plan.

But Sabrina’s dreams are bigger than any curve-ball life can throw at her. Her top priority is keeping her small family together, no matter what the cost.

Vladimir Grigory doesn’t believe in dreams. He earned his position at the top of New York’s corporate ladder with his own sweat. His empire is his baby, and he’ll destroy anyone who threatens it. Even the sexy employee who challenges him on every level.

When the New York tabloids and the world call him the baby daddy of Sabrina’s son, Vlad believes Sabrina is part of a plot to expose the secrets of his past. He threatens to destroy her future. But since Sabrina has secrets of her own, she has no choice but to agree to Vlad’s marriage ultimatum.

Excerpt:
Once again, she passed through the gauntlet that was the VGI executive floor and kept her head up, gaze focused straight ahead. The whispers buzzed feverishly around the woman in the train wreck of an outfit as she strode down the corridor—this time with a toddler in a stroller.

“Ms. Boyd,” his assistant stepped in front of her, guarding the domain of the boss like a rabid pit bull, “you can’t—”

Sabrina looked her straight in the eye. That was what you did to make a dog back down. Or was that what made a dog attack? She couldn’t remember, and she didn’t care.

“I’m not leaving, so you might as well move before I shout this place down.”

There was steel in Sabrina’s tone, and her voice was pitched loud enough for the hapless woman to know that she couldn’t care less who heard.

The assistant stepped aside. “Now this should be interesting,” she muttered.

She shoved the door open and pushed the stroller inside as if she did it every day of the week, then nudged the door shut with her elbow.

“It’s not gonna be that easy to get rid of me.”

Contacts:


Buy Links:

ISBNs:
Paperback:  978-1-5092-0814-2
Digital:  978-1-5092-0815-9
ASIN: B01FCBBAMI
ISBNs:
10:1509208151
13: 9781509208159
ISBN:  13: 2940158185540

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment