Sunday, January 30, 2011

Six Sentences from Rock Bound



This is from the second chapter. Annie Peterson has been arrested and taken to the National Guard Armory in Washington, DC for processing. Rock Bound will be re-released in both e-book and paperback in February through Create Space.

“Put everything in these boxes,” a tough-looking female Marine Sergeant told the women. “All yer jewelry, too.” The [first] woman emptied her pockets into the box and began to walk through the metal detector. “Yer still wearin’ jewelry.”

“These are my wedding rings; I never take them off.”
The Sergeant grabbed the woman’s hand, pulled out a vibro-blade, and sliced off the woman’s finger.

Annie quickly removed her rings and kissed them when her wrists were freed. Paul, wherever you are, I will always love you, she thought. Please forgive me. Annie tossed her rings into the box.

14 comments:

  1. That Sergeant doesn't play around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tension! An intense scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very strong emotions here! Great sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...simple sentences, but chilling! Scary Sergeant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, harsh treatment! That'll get you moving. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes! That got my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yikes. That was intense

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very tense. I'd be taking my rings off pronto too.

    Great Six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! I just sat on my hands lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm digging that title name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy cow! when he says no jewelry he means no jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heck, take my jewellry! :-O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Owie! That was unexpected and it hurt; which of course means you did a great job writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm going through the ARC right now and will load the e-book onto Smashwords when I finish. The paperback will be released sometime this month as well. Hopefully I'll be able to find more sentences without giving away the whole book. ;-)

    ReplyDelete